Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell has been a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Our employees are inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings —from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home. Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell®automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety, with more than 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies working with Omnicell to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing. Omnicell – Inspired by Care.
Control Software Engineer III
Omnicell has an immediate need for a dynamic Control Software Engineer III. We need your valuable software development capabilities as part of Omnicell’s Control Software Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of software to control / monitor / optimize the operation of our electromechanical devices and robotic automation systems.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of complex robotic control computer programs for hospital pharmacy robotics applications.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of complex applications using current programming language and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interfaces with cross functional team members / users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Creates test scenarios and uses advanced troubleshooting techniques (root cause analysis) to evaluate complex problems with newly developed or existing software solutions.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Mentoring of associate / intern level software developers
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of software development environments, tools and processes.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented software development throughout the full product life cycle.
- Able to work independently on complex product level assignments with minimal supervision. Capable of making decisions with minimal review. Able to complete assignments on time.
- Intermediate understanding and experience in systems engineering
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience developing software for PC-based applications in Visual C++ (or C#) and Visual Studio .NET 2013 (or 2015) with .NET Framework 4.5
- Experience with applications using Microsoft SQL Server or similar database applications
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- 4 year degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related engineering field
- 5 plus years’ experience in software engineering
- Experience with software development for electro-mechanical (robotic) systems
- Experience with and understanding of motion control systems
- Experience with real-time control systems and/or order processing systems