Since 1992, Omnicell has been a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Our employees are inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings —from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home. Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety, with more than 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies working with Omnicell to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing. Omnicell – Inspired by Care.
Control Software Engineer I
We need your valuable software development capabilities as part of Omnicell’s Control Software Engineering team. In this role, t he Control Software Engineer (CSE) will be responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of software to control / monitor / optimize the operation of our electromechanical devices and robotic automation systems. Most importantly, the CSE exhibits the desire and ability to collaborate, and excels as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team that assesses customer needs, generates and analyzes concepts, creates requirements, specifications, and participates in formal risk assessments
- Writes code, performs testing and debugs applications using industry standard programming languages and technologies.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of robotic control computer programs for hospital pharmacy robotics applications.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.