| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Department of Medicine and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Research Assistant will be responsible for:
- Production, maintenance, and QC of human pluripotent stem cells.
- Cellular analysis including immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, DNA / RNA isolation, PCR, and molecular biology techniques.
- Operation of instruments such as flow cytometer, automated fluorescence microscope, plate washer, automated pipettors, liquid handling robotics.
- Monitoring/ordering/managing supplies.
- Generation of media and stock solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with institutional and federal guidelines in health, safety and animal regulations.
- Preparing figures and protocols as well as teaching lab techniques.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related discipline.
- Previous undergraduate research lab experience.
- The willingness to work with animals and human tissues.
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently as well as with others as a team in a productive manner.
- The willingness to commit to two years.
This position is located within a human stem cell biology laboratory. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with a proven interest (and ideally hands-on experience) in several of the following areas: human pluripotent stem cell culture and manipulation, CRISPR genome editing, standard molecular biology techniques, chemical screening, high throughput screening robotics, ddPCR, FACS, confocal microscopy, image analysis, cGMP regulations and cell culture.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a rotating days/evenings and week-end schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Medicine-Dept of Medicine
Standard Hours Per Week: 40