The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) is a part of Carnegie Mellon's Robotic Institute that specializes in research and development of robotic systems. We are looking for a passionate engineer/researcher with hands-on experience with robots for an immediate opportunity to join NREC. You will be part of the R&D team responsible for the development of manipulation abilities and intelligence for high degree of freedom.
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Expertise in motion planning for high degree of freedom arms and applying them to real world (manipulation) problems
- Experience writing controllers
- Strong system integration skills
- High proficiency in C++/C
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Interest for R&D, innovation, and technical advances in robotics
- MS in Robotics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Expertise in real-time motion planning for high DOF robot arms
- Knowledge of collision detection and checking, for example FCL
- Strong background on control
- Experience with ROS-Control
- Experience in creating computationally efficient code
- Experience of machine learning on real robot systems
- Experience with OpenRave, OMPL, OpenCV
- Expertise in hybrid force/position control and impedance control
Please visit Why Carnegie Mellon to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world. http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/index.html.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/index.html.
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.