| Unit Description|
Registered Nurses - Are you ready to move into a Leadership position? Take a look at our Shift Specialty Coordinator RN position!
The Telemetry unit at Lutheran is a very busy 43 bed step down unit split between a high acuity cardiac unit and observation. We provide excellent patient care for all patients. Our specialty is those patients with cardiac ailments. Our population is mostly geriatric. We have mostly private rooms, with only 4 semi-private rooms. We focus on always putting the patient first, which is evident by our hourly rounds and bedside report and that our ratios are 3:1 on days and nights! Apply today and come join this dynamic team!
Care Site Description
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
- Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
- 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
- 338 beds
Services & Expertise
- 5-Star Birthing Center
- Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
- Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Heart & Neurovascular
- Primary Stroke Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine Center
- Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
The Shift Specialty Coordinator position is similar to a Charge RN with additional duties. The qualified candidate is responsible for the management of patient care provided by department personnel. The incumbent assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of the departmental patients in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care.
- Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Ensure continuity of appropriate patient care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and evaluating outcome of patient care.
- Promote positive public relations and act as a liaison with patients, physicians, significant others, visitors and staff in ancillary departments.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Participate in the selection, training, development and evaluation of subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resources policies and organization philosophy.
- Contribute to the development of nursing staff by identifying learning needs and assisting in meeting these needs.
- Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
Please note that the intended schedule for this position is 2pm to 10:30pm, 5 days one week and 4 days the next week. This may be flexible depending on departmental needs.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- BSN, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Three years of RN experience in an acute hospital setting, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus