In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture's five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients to provide unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth with end to end solutions.
What responsibilities will you have?
In the UK Accenture works with leading firms in the wealth and asset management sectors. Fast-changing regulation, changing direct and institutional investor expectations, and technology innovation are trends that are having a significant impact on the business and operation models of these firms. Accenture's unique position, at the intersection of business and technology, means that more and more investment and wealth managers are turning to us for help with their most important business and technology investments.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that's why people love it here.
- Deliver successful consulting engagements (sometimes multiple at once) addressing our clients' business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as- CRM capabilities, Distribution analytics and big data, Core banking processing, Regulatory compliance, Cost efficiency and New operating models
- Solve complex, ambiguous business, change and technology problems, bringing structure and rigorous analysis and planning; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
- Drive a rigorous and structured approach to solving business problems
- Make, build and sustain trusted senior client relationships in the C-suite by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
- Lead business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification, proposal development/presentation, and commercial contract negotiation
- Run Accenture's business (including cost management, contract management) with discipline, rigor and integrity
- Take accountability for developing the UK Wealth practice build Accenture's innovative financial offerings, assets and capabilities
- Play a key role in driving the growth agenda for clients — identifying emerging trends in customers and the market and driving sales as a result
- Lead the creation of well-articulated thought leadership assets that present innovative and action-oriented information, insight, knowledge, guidance and recommendations on a specific market-relevant strategy topic and drive improved market presence in external forums
- Develop and manage high performing multidisciplinary Consulting teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Understanding of the Asset & Wealth Management Industry as a whole, including Front, Middle and Back office processes and a high level understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Experience of working within an Asset & Wealth Management environment with an understanding of the Target Operating Model Design, IBOR as well as regulatory change
- Experience of project / programme management, and/or of implementing IT solutions and / or redesigning processes, in some of the following areas: Settlements, Trade processing, Position management, Portfolio management & Risk management and finance
- Understanding full life-cycle IT implementation coupled with a strong understanding of the inherent business challenges and processes within those areas
- Well-developed analytical skills including ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information and highlight salient points
- Ability to work with senior clients and propose creative solutions to Capital Markets Management problems
- Manager level recruits are expected to have played a major role in the delivery of a project/programme in the areas
From a functional perspective, individuals will likely have experience of working within one or more of the following disciplines:
- Regulation - EMIR, Dodd Frank, Basel, MiFID II etc.
- Post Trade processing - from trade capture to downstream routing (clearing, settlement, confirmation, accounting, fund accounting)
- Understand trade flows and data captured to support trade processing
- Operations experience - securities processing
- Capital or collateral Optimisation Experience FX / Derivatives experience - Derivatives product knowledge (especially FX, Interest Rate and Equity derivative experience)
- Legal entity / trade migrations - understanding implications of moving assets across legal entities, processing of back to back trades, trades processing, market risk calculations and some finance background (calculate liquidity positions and funding requirements)
- Risk management - cross asset risk management, analytics, client valuation / default valuations, market and credit risk
- Knowledge of asset management technology and processes
- Experience of designing, planning and leading technology projects in asset management
- Securities and Listed Derivatives architecture including; settlement, confirmation, payments, DTCC, CLS, GMI, Clearvision, corporate actions, finance and risk
- Robotic Process Automation
- Analytics & digital data platforms qlikview/tableau/oracle /R/Microsoft/bizobjects/cognos/ Hadoop/Cassandra
- Data Management as well as data governance and Data Analytics.
- Knowledge of specific wealth management platforms including: Avaloq, Temenos Wealth Manager, FNZ, JHC, Fiagro and Advent
What academic qualifications and skills do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven success in contributing to a Consulting team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and dynamic thinker and great problem solving skill
- Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
All of our Consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.