Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell has been a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Our employees are inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings —from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home. Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety, with more than 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies working with Omnicell to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing. Omnicell – Inspired by Care.
Quality Assurance Engineer III
Reporting to the Senior Manager Production Quality and located at the Omnicell Thornhill facility located in Warrendale, PA, the Quality Assurance Engineer III will plan, execute, and report on supplier audits, ensuring performance to Omnicell quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Data collection and review of supplier failure data for analysis and trending using industry tools such as fishbone diagram, FMEA, etc. Assist in creation and presentation of metric reports.
- Work with Manufacturing and Procurement teams to initiate, communicate, and monitor Supplier Corrective Actions
- Participate/coordinate root cause failure analysis of nonconforming material with Manufacturing Engineering and the supplier to determine product quality (including situations where limits may not be clearly defined).
- Develop a program to hold Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with top suppliers providing first-hand knowledge on quality issues and performance.
- Participate in domestic and international supplier qualifications for prospective suppliers as part of Supply Chain sourcing strategy or new product introduction projects. Develop Supplier Quality Agreements with the procurement team.
- Support the on-going maintenance and improvement of Supplier QA processes for assessment and performance monitoring.
- Determine requirements for part qualifications and maintain incoming inspection levels
- Perform process planning, documentation and procedures to support product quality requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis through facilitating brainstorming, use of fishbone diagrams, 8D methodologies, CAPA and design of experiments, etc.
- Support the Quality Department objectives and goals by managing or participating in Quality projects.
- Manage and/or participate in CAPAs as required.
- Act as a liaison between Quality and other Omnicell functional departments.
- Lead or participate in Quality Management Review meetings.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple constituents, including senior management, customers, consultants, vendors, and employees of all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and team members.
- Change agent who accepts and supports new ideas and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to all levels of an organization.
- Refined multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to consistently balance a sense of urgency with diplomacy/empathy.
- Ability to make decisions and execute directives.
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to cost reduction/controls.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Proficient with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Team builder, self-starter, organized, analytical and decisive.
- Production and Office Environment
- May travel up to 25%