The School: Founded in 1911, Columbus Academy is a PreK-12 coeducational college preparatory day school of over 1,070 students located on a 231-acre campus ten miles from downtown Columbus, Ohio. Student programs are organized into three divisions: Lower School (PreK-Grade 4), Middle School (Grades 5-8) and Upper School (Grades 9-12). The school offers a rigorous academic program as part of its mission to educate the whole child – mind, body and character. Columbus Academy faculty and staff members are expected to be continuous learners in their fields, to engage in caring and cooperative partnerships with colleagues and parents, to have a demonstrated commitment to the values of equity and inclusion, and to help each student reach his or her full potential.
The Position: Columbus Academy seeks an assistant Robotics Coach for 1st Technology Challenge Team: Upper School (Grades 9-12) with responsibilities to begin immediately.
Position Expectations: The individual selected to this position will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Be available after school between 3:15-6:00 pm and some weekends
- Collaborate with lead Robotics coach
- Make use of technological resources, including the school’s online learning management site for classes and integration of iPads and laptops in classroom activities
- Hold students accountable for the school’s standards of behavior
- Work with others in the school community to support each student’s emotional well-being
Physical Conditions: Candidates must be able to manage the following conditions:
- Classroom environment
- Mobility around school buildings and on different floors (handicap accessible)
- Repetitive motion (use of a computer keyboard)
- Periodic need to move light furniture, hang visuals in classroom, carry objects (no more than 40 pounds), etc.
- A non-smoking environment
Legal Requirements: All Columbus Academy employees must pass required criminal records checks. Where appropriate, individuals will also be required to provide proof of academic credentials.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and supporting materials to: Head of School, Columbus Academy, 4300 Cherry Bottom Road, Gahanna, OH 43230, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columbus Academy believes strongly in the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek to identify and hire a greater number of faculty of color to serve as role models for all students. We strive to foster a diverse campus community, which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability or socio-economic background.