Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell has been a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Our employees are inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings —from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home. Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety, with more than 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies working with Omnicell to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing. Omnicell – Inspired by Care.
Hardware Product Owner
The Hardware Product Owner (HPO) is responsible for the vision of the specific solution set to which he/she has been assigned. As one of the key leaders in product development you will work with the core team where you will be tasked with representing the voice of the customer and the vision of the product throughout the products development. As a key member of one of the Core Teams at Omnicell, you are responsible for working with customers and key stakeholders from across the company to bring a voice and story to the customer feature requests, new product features and technical features that the team will develop.
Holding the ultimate accountability for the product definition that best meets the needs of our customers and our business, you will bring your strong leadership and organizational skills to bear to maintain a steady development plan for the solution. Recognizing the limitations of resources and time you will be responsible for accepting and rejecting work at the appropriate interval during development. You will order and manage the backlog of hardware feature requests and product defects to ensure that the work defined for the team is meaningful to the customer, yet realistic and attainable for the development teams.
- Passionate understanding of customer needs as it relates to the product backlog
- An ability to advocate for and manage the value of the product release
- Work with Hardware Marketing Director, Core Team Lead, Product Managers, Service, Support and key technical resources to identify and prioritize hardware requirements to be added to the backlog
- Maintain order the backlog of hardware feature requests and product defects based on business value
- Drive new product feature and functionality across the organization and in partnership with HW Engineering Support product transition/end-of-life strategies
- Communicate and advocate the product vision
- Lead and communicate the release plan
- Engage with development to commit backlog items to sprint deliverables (negotiate on what gets put in each iteration)
- Work with the larger organization to communicate and make tradeoff s to meet corporate objectives
- Work with development teams to address questions / concerns during sprints
- Work with Product Management to understand and validate customer needs