The Commercial Engineer is responsible for supporting the Rockwell Automation Independent Moving Cart Technology sales team with pre- and post-sales technical activities. Pre-sales support includes proof of concepts, system architecture review and recommendations, customer visits, and the creation of application notes and white papers. Post-sales activities include start-up's and commissioning, phone and email support, on-site support, customer trainings, demo equipment building and maintenance, leading Factory and Site Acceptance Testing activities, etc.
The Commercial Engineer is knowledgeable in assigned groups of products/technologies and their use. This position will specifically focus on Rockwell Automation's Independent Moving Cart technology including iTRAK and MagneMotion. Experience with RA Motion Control products and architectures is a plus.
Works on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience in an industrial technical field.
- Customer service experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or combination of 10 years of related experience.
- Exposure to Microsoft Office, including Visio, Project and OneNote.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes and other related test software.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally 40-50% of the time.
- Fluent in English
- Systems troubleshooting ability, potentially utilizing telephone skills.
- Proficient in design tools including: Pro Engineer or equivalent CAD System, Matlab, Simulink, Microsoft Office.
- Prior knowledge or experience with:
- Analysis or Design of linear or rotary motion automation systems
- Analysis, Design or Use of Robotic systems
- Providing customer support, interaction and communication
- Working in an Engineer to Order environment
- Ability to solve complex system problems
- Engineering Master's degree a plus.
- Good presentation and communication skills with internal & external customers.
- Passionate for results
- Working knowledge of Rockwell Automation core products (i.e. PLCs, PACs, Motion Control, Drives, Operator Interface, Networking, and I/O) and PLC/PAC programming languages.
- Solid business writing skills. Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
Architecture and Software
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Devens - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.