Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist (Bio-automation)
Antibiome Center, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry UCSF
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at UCSF seeks candidates for a Specialist (Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full) for the UCSF Antibiome Center. The Antibiome Center is part of the Recombinant Antibody Network (RAN), which is a collaborative consortium consisting of laboratories at the University of California San Francisco, University of Chicago, and the University of Toronto. The Antibiome and RAN are committed to develop renewable antibody reagents for use as both research tools and bio-therapeutics to extracellular proteins in the fields of immunology and oncology and beyond. The successful highly motivated, creative, and collaborative candidate will join the antibody discovery team and will be instrumental in maintaining and enhancing the current robotics pipeline and interfacing with the Antibiome scientists to plan, develop, implement, and execute new technologies and processes for the development of renewable antibody reagents.
• BS in bio-automation or robotic engineering field with 1-2 years experience and a drive to learn, manage, and operate a suite of bio-automation robotics
• Programming/Scripting (Python, R)
• MS in relevant bio-automation or robotic engineering
• Biological sciences background
• Experiences with phage display technology
• Solid understanding and experiences with recombinant DNA technologies
• Mammalian tissue culture techniques including: transfections, cell line maintenance, recombinant protein expression
• Recombinant protein expression and purification techniques including: SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western Blotting, immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation
Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment of diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age or protected veteran status.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. Please apply online and submit these documents along with the contact information for three references to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00558