Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Under the supervision and direction of the Pharmacist, provides assistance to pharmacists who perform pharmaceutical care to patients according to professional standards and practices.
1. Selects the correct drug, strength, dosage form and quantity. Accurately labels and packages medications under the supervision of a pharmacist. Accurately fills the automated dispensing units.
2. Prepares and makes timely deliveries to patient units and ancillary departments.
3. Accurately prepares sterile products (chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy) following hospital policies and procedures on aseptic technique and safe chemotherapy preparation.
4. Completes random aseptic technique tests successfully.
5. Completes appropriate documentation of required pharmacy department information
6. Ensures secure storage and accurate records of controlled substances. Follows policies and procedures requiring distribution.
7. Oversees and teaches new Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Interns.
8. Demonstrates logical workload assessment and prioritization skills. Completes workload responsibilities in a timely and thorough manner.
9. Demonstrates proficiency in software and technology and takes responsibility to maintain competency. Is able to trouble-shoot and resolve Pyxis and other related equipment issues.
10. Completes department specific projects and tasks as assigned by the Pharmacy Director, Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator and/or Pharmacy Technician Coordinator.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.