The purpose of the position is to maintain a clean and organized lab environment; maintain the inventory of lab equipment and supplies, prepare lab materials for classes; provide in and out of class technical assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Keep the ECE lab work areas and equipment clean and organized
(2) Maintain inventory of lab equipment, components and office supplies
(3) Store, organize, sign out and receive returns for lab components/materials
(4) Prepare, set up and collect back lab materials for lab experiments according to provided instructions
(5) Assemble various types of robot kits and do simple repairs when needed
(6) Provide safety oversight for lab equipment usage
(7) Provide basic technical troubleshooting support to ECE faculty, staff and students
Perform other duties as assigned
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school and six months to two years required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organization skill and patience required • Must be able to work on most assigned tasks independently • Knowledge and hands-on experience with circuits preferred
Job requires repetitively lifting light weight objects where frequent bending or stooping alternates with lighter activities.
On occasion, the incumbent may be required to lift or carry lab equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
Salary/Pay Information: Minimum $18.00/hour
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.