Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, Canada, Latin America, Japan, Singapore and the United Kingdom. We are the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. For over 56 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
The Scientific Leader, Diagnostics operates as a specialist in the specific scientific market as it relates to Diagnostics to develop applications and solutions for the targeted clients in this scientific discipline. Helps to build the sales pipeline by assisting the Field Sales team as a scientific consultant in Robotics integrated system opportunities. Will also be tasked with proposing and developing canned applications or solutions which can be sold as a Standard Solution with minimal changes and reduced field support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support Field Sales team as scientific expert for consultative sales opportunities. Efforts to include supporting pre-sales efforts including trade shows, presenting at scientific meetings, attending sales presentations and meetings, and working with the post-sales team.
- Utilize scientific expertise and knowledge of and experience with Hamilton Liquid Handling Robotics and 3rd party devices to define project concepts and solutions, and to set customer expectations.
- Work directly with field-based Application Consultant Engineers (ACEs) in the pre-sales phase to develop concepts that satisfy User Requirement Specifications.
- Assist APE (Custom Solutions/Applications Engineering) from a scientific perspective to quote system configurations for the Field Sales team.
- Supports customer interface to advanced APE/Custom solutions (typically level 3) from a scientific perspective.
- Supports post-sales headquarters-based team of Project Managers, hardware, and software specialists to achieve User Requirement Specifications, and aids in defining project scope.
- Accumulates market research information and gathers, compiles, and analyzes competitor information on an on-going basis, uses this information to develop strategic marketing and sales plans in the Diagnostics market segment. Keeps sales force informed of competitive developments and creates counter strategies and arguments.
- Prepares marketing collateral for sales team, website, social media, etc. to enhance and grow the professional presentation and representation of Hamilton's Robotic Solutions for Diagnostics.
- Monitors customized solutions and market demands to determine which applications or solutions to standardize. This will consist of the following elements:
1. Prepare market opportunity for a potential Standard Solution and "pitch" the importance in prioritizing the development effort.
2. Actively participate in the development of the Standard Solution in collaboration with the Standard Solutions Team, R&D or APE resources.
3. Initiate project development through use of Standard Solutions Team, R&D or APE resources.
4. Prepare presentations and proposals.
5. Produce requirements documentation.
6. Produce application notes.
7. Sales training of ACEs, Field Sales.
8. Technical support and training of Field Applications, Field Service as it relates to the sales of a newly created Standard Solution.
9. Supports the development of alpha, beta and launch plans for newly developed Standard Solutions.
- Actively monitors the Diagnostics market and seeks short and long-term market opportunities through collaborations with current and upcoming market leaders. Main conduit in interfacing with Hamilton Bonaduz if a Standard Solution is developed for the Diagnostics market to ensure proper roll-out of that solution into the Hamilton Reno geographic sales territory.
- Participates in the preparation of company strategic plans as they relate to the Diagnostics market opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline relevant to Diagnostics is required. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years Diagnostics laboratory experience required.
- Experience taking scientific bench protocols from the bench to the robot strongly required.
- Requires strong scientific, automation, sales, and communication skills.
- Should have at least 2 years of sales, marketing, or related product management experience, either in a technical capacity such as research and development or applications.
- Project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of sales experience preferred.
- A good working knowledge of computers is required. Must have good planning, budget, and customer skills, and be able to demonstrate them to an audience.
- Experience with capital scientific equipment.
- Must have good written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Learn more about us @: www.hamiltoncompany.com
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants.
Hamilton Company and its affiliated entities are industry leaders in the design and manufacture of liquid handling, process analytics, robotics and automated storage solutions. For more than 60 years, Hamilton Company has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship to ensure the highest level of performance.